The PSG Committee works closely with the School Management, Teachers, Staff, and Student Council in realizing the initiatives and programs in the school.
To be a channel of blessing to the needy in the community, through these activities;
- Charity Works (Bakti Sosial) in Kolong Jembatan Ancol and other places (orphanage and elderly house, etc.,) including ones in the school neighbouring area.
- Charity Bazaar (Pasar Murah) for the school staff where household essentials are sold during the month of Ramadhan and Christmas.
- Helping the victims of natural disasters
In support of the school’s enrichment programs, the PSG, together with the school, conduct workshops and seminars with invited speakers. Here are some examples:
- “Puberty Talk” for specific grades in the primary school where the speaker talks about the changes that take place in the body and the mind during puberty.
- “Public Speaking” workshops to improve the students’ presentation skills
- “ Cyber Awareness” seminars for both parents and students
- “ Zero Bullying” programme for students and teachers
- “Time Management Skill” workshops
- “Life skills” programme
- “Resume Building” and “Personal Essay Writing” workshops
- “Career Path and Strength Test” assisting secondary students in planning for their future career choices and educational institutions to study at.
- “Career’s Day” will be on 29 November 2017: invited parents or guests who are experts in their fields will share their journey.
Here is the list of Guest Speakers for ACS Jakarta Career Day in 2016 :
- Business & Commerce:
DR. Budi Dharmo Notowidjojo, MBA, Ph.D. (engineering in Metallurgy/Entrepreneur
Bp. Jongky Widjaja CA (Ernst & Young Indonesia)
Bp. Michael Tjoajadi (CEO of PT Schroder Indonesia)
- Health & Science
Dr. Narain H. Punjabi, MD, SpA, FAAP, PhD (Pediatrician, Medical Research Scientist US NAMRU)
DR. Amadeus Yeremia Priwibowo, Ph.D. (Director Business Development Indonesia International Institute for Life Science)
- Engineering & Technology
DR. Tjahja Tjugiarto, M.Eng (President Director of PT Permata Barito Shipyard & Engineering)
Bp. Haryanto Suryali (Owner of PT Tri Jaya Surya – electrical engineering)
Ir. Astrida Wishnuwardani (Director of Technology and Solution PT Asia Quattro Net)
Bp. Andreas R. Diantoro (President Director of PT Microsoft Indonesia)
Bp. Antonius Henricus (Director Developer, Evangelism, Startup Business & Application PT Microsoft Indonesia)
- Art, Humanity & Design
Bp. Riri Yakub ST (Founder and Principle of Atelier Riri)
Ren Katili ( PT Studio Arsitek Tropis)
Ibu Imelda Dewajani (Co-founder, creative director Love Daposa Indonesia)
Ibu Leony Atmadja (Program Director Reformed 21)
Bp. Daniel Ginting (Corporate Lawyer Ginting & Reksodiputro, Founder & Managing Partner Allen & Overy)
DR. Belinda Rosallina, SH, LL.M. (Intellectual Properties- Partner AMR Partnership Law Firm)
Ibu Mercy Fransisca Hutahaean (Legal Affairs Director – British America Tobacco)
PRAYER & DEVOTION
To provide spiritual support for the school community
- PSALTY (Praying, Serving, and Learning Together – Psalm Singer) :
Christian and Catholic Parents Group meeting every other Friday 8:00 – 10:00 am
Bible Study and Devotion and/or Family/Parenting workshops open to all
- TGIF (Thanks God It’s Friday) : Christian Bible Study Group for students, every alternate Friday from 11:20am - 12:30pm
- Pengajian Baroqah : Moslem Parents Communal Prayer Group meeting every alternate Thursday 8:00am - 10:00am
SPORTS & CCA
- To organize parents to partner the school to form a strong community which supports and promotes sports.
- To celebrate with the school its achievements in these areas and encourage other parents to instil good character and values in their children.
- To support the PE Department by publicising ACS Jakarta sports programmes to attract as many participants as possible.
- To liaise with sponsors to support our events or programmes with complimentary jerseys and/or any products (e.g. drinks).
Little Notes :
Through Mrs. Alfa Winarno & Mrs. Rahma Rivai, a pair of keen tennis parents, the PSG partnered with the school PE Department to organise ACS Tennis Open in 2015. From this academic year, 2017-2018, the school’s PE Department fully took over the management of ACS Open.
In 2015, with Mrs. Imelda Tanoyo, the PSG began the AQUATHLON programme as a Family and Community event. In 2016 - 2017, we had the CARNIVAL in conjunction with the AQUATHLON. We hope to organise the Aquathlon & Carnival annually.
- Teachers Day
- Christmas Project
- Art Week
- Indonesia Independence Day Celebration
- Carnival (family day)